Enrollment Procedures for New Students
The first step for enrollment in The Montessori School is to
contact the school office to make an appointment to tour our
campus. Tours are given on Mondays and Thursdays at 9am. All
prospective families must arrange a visit to the school for this
meeting that usually lasts around one hour. We do not accept
applications from prospective students whose parents have not come
to visit our campus and visit with Dr. Dooly. Please do not bring
the prospective child to this initial meeting.
This first meeting includes an introduction to the school's
philosophy and methodology, a tour of the campus and educational
environments, and an extended question and answer session with Dr.
Dooly. After your initial meeting, the following steps for
- Complete and submit the application form and the nonrefundable
application fee to the school office
- Schedule a time with the school for an interview with the
- After the interview, a decision about the appropriate placement
of the applicant is communicated to the parents. If the recommended
placement is accepted by the parents and they wish to enroll the
child, an enrollment contract is filled out at that time and the
committment fee of $200 is due.
- A student is considered enrolled ONLY when the $200.00
Commitment Fee is paid and a contract is signed and returned to the
school. All subsequent paperwork must be completed by the indicated
- Current students and their siblings are re-enrolled/enrolled in
- Open enrollment begins February 1st.
- At all other times of the school year, admissions are done on a
"rolling" basis: that is, children are both considered and accepted
as and when spaces become available.
- Prospective families are encouraged to begin the enrollment
process the year before they wish their child to attend.
- Placements are determined by the Head of School and the lead
classroom teacher according to the Montessori principles balancing
age and gender in the classroom.